The Butterfly...symbolic

The Butterfly...symbolic

Sunday, March 8, 2009

No longer MIA

It's been weeks since I have blogged.
For no other reason than my plate go so full that something had to go, last in first out?
Not sure if that's it.
I guess since I didn't get real proficient in this it was easier to slide out.
An incident in my world, the suicide of a new friend, has had an impact.
Made me get to a meeting that I don't get to on Sunday.
Spurred me to ask for the phone number of the two muscateers from that meeting.
Inspired a deeper sense of love and brotherhood/sisterhood with those around me this morning.
Indeed, the 12 step folks are my family.
They are of my "new blood".
Sending my prayers up for Deena's soul, Deena's family and all who have been touched.
I will get off this computer now and use those two numbers....
I will also call Martha and tell her I love her and missed her this morning.
God, the Great Economist, wastes nothing.
Deena did not die in vain.
Many are making choices today, influenced by the choice she made on Friday.
God be with us all.
Don't know why, but I want to say I'm sorry to God, like you do when someone's mom dies of cancer. Like, I'm sorry God, that your Deena did that. Thank you God for inspiring me and nudging me to be inviting and loving to Deena. Always pulling up a chair and with that big Italian Wide Open Love, tell her I wanted her to sit with me and then engage her in talk. Her smile betrayed her pain. I didn't know it was there, but I know God loved her through many people. He let me be outside of myself for snippet of time, long enough to connect and touch her.

No comments: