The Butterfly...symbolic

The Butterfly...symbolic

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life Goes On...

Life goes on...
Yes it does. It might seem selfish, but life does go on.
I want to share my journey of the last few weeks.
Inspired to do something that has been in my soul since I was 12...
I finally walked through the fear, overcame the procrastination and took some action...
Applied for Certification, Signed up for two huge tests, had all transcripts sent where they needed to go, studied 8 hours a day for three weeks, did my 12 step daily discipliles, showed up for the first set of tests, passed them, took the Second set of tests and now await those scores. There are more steps to take. My job now? To continue to ask for help/direction and follow those directions. God has a plan and I need to suit up, show up and willing to receive my instructions - they are given to me in small incriments... just one days worth of instruction/direction at a time. I don't know exactly what God has in store, but I do know that it is good, that it includes Abstinence, Sobriety Service and Love, and that through God, I can do all things. I don't need to know more. My Spiritual Awakening was not of the "white light" variety, it has been instead of the educational variety, slow...over time...and God knows what is best for me. Each step I take to get closer to Him, He takes one huge leaping step to meet me. I feel somehow small today. Small in a good protected and cared for way. At fifty, I am finding my God and my a new path, a new direction, or maybe just the continuation of the path that fear and untreated alcoholism kept me from taking. No matter, I show up, I trust, I ask, I seek, and idenmw nmw nmw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came across your blog while searching the web, from one GSA to another it's amazing to read your story of recovery. Thank you for doing greysheet no matter what

steveroni said...

Hi, No Matter What. Did you say FIFTY? You do not look a day over, Ah, Umm...well, er--gotta figure out how to put this. A day over 40! And that's the truth"!

Leaving Monday morning to visit daughter-firefighter Kathy. Gonna bike up there (don'r want to publih where!)